2006-08-04

Reyes wants to go to Madrid

Arsenal talented player Jose Antonio Reyes said he is continuing to dream of a move to Real Madrid. However, compatriot Cesc Fabregas is set to be awarded a bumper pay day for his decision to stay with the Gunners.

Real Madrid were said to be interested in both of the Spanish starlets and Reyes, who has failed to adjust to life in England, has made no secret of his interest in the move.

However, young footballer Fabregas has settled in London and was impressive in the centre of the Gunners midfield throughout last season.

It's important to say that while his contract currently extends to 2011 it is believed his loyalty could be rewarded with a sizeable wage increase.

In fact, winger Reyes has urged Real to move to sign him before the Premiership club kick off their Champions League campaign next week.

In a report on a Spanish website, 22-year-old Spanish international Reyes made it clear he was desperate to make the switch.

Reyes noticed: "I don't know anything but the days are going by and I am not going to deny I am a little worried by those rumours.

"I know I am wanted here at Arsenal and that the fans are behind me but I am not adapting to this life.

"I am missing Spain and I have a unique opportunity to come back with Real Madrid. Everyone must understand I can't let this chance pass by. Madrid are unique."

No comments: